The 2013 Huading Awards Red Carpet was held at the Venetian Macao Casino on October 7th. The star-studded event was attended by International actors such as Nicholas Cage, Matthew Perry and Nicole Kidman. There were also celebrities from Korea such as Jessica Jung from Girls’ Generation and Lee Byung Hun who graced the event.
Asian artistes such as Jackie Chan, Angelababy, Andy Lau and Fan Bing Bing also shared the limelight in the 10th Huading Awards from China. The Huading Awards, established in 2007 by the Beijing-based Global Talents Media Group, also recognized music, dance and theater.
The award show expanded in 2009 to include fan opinion surveys from the U.S., Britain, France, Japan, and South Korea and attracted 80 million votes in 2013 alone. Check out the Red Carpet Looks from the movers and shakers
A short list of some of the winners from China’s Huading Awards:
- Lifetime achievement award — Jeremy Irons
- Best global actor in motion pictures — Nicolas Cage
- Best global actress in motion pictures — Nicole Kidman
- Best global singer — Avril Lavigne
- Best global director in motion pictures — Quentin Tarantino
- Best global actor in a TV series — Matthew Perry
- Best global actress in a TV series — Michelle Dockery
- Best global action movie actor — Sam Worthington
- Best emerging global talent — Boo Boo Stewart